Thursday, December 25, 2008

The weather on Christmas

this is cool. this computer.

I wake early and it is still dark so I open the window and let the fresh air in and go downstairs and get a cup of coffee and come back up and I look at blogs and myspace and u-tube and such. Nobody is on the yahoo because of it is a holiday but it is nice to go tap tap tap on the keyboard and I mention a word or two here and there where people left some words while I was away, on the other side of the room in the bed.

And so I go downstairs and look to see what is what, it is still early, and I go to get my second cup of coffee and look in the garage and the pies and cakes and presents are there by the car where the others will go for the day and so the stack by the little tree is small now since the presents coming back will be unwrapped and thanked for elsewhere. And so my coffee is microwaved and so I go back up stairs to think what I may do on this day. It is lighter now and quiet. Out side looks good, no blue sky yet but it is early, well, I did not look in the screen at the lower corner for the time, but it seems early since there is no sun yet. But it is really a hour and a half since I woke up, I do not really see out the window, I just look, to see the time and since I see the promise of the blue sky, I do a google on san diego weather to see if maybe I can ride my bike today.

Google says it is raining here. That's odd, it never says that. It does not rain here much, besides, I had looked out the window, but as I had said, I did not really look, I had only looked up to see what time it is. It is easy to tell what time it is by looking out my window. When it is light, it is day time and when it is not light then it is not day time. But I did not see rain. So I look again, Yes! It is raining! A soft gentle rain, and yes it is quiet. So I go out side and look, and it is wet and I come back upstairs and look out the window again and yes, now the rain falls some of it at 45 degrees angle and some of it is also, now and then completely sideways so I close the window because it is wet.

How did the computer know? This is amazing, the computer knows it is raining outside my window! I did not even know that!! I wonder about my mom, she has no computer. And yet, she seems always to know what the weather is like. Maybe she has a tv. Do you think?

I think it is too wet to ride my bike today.

Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments: