Monday, October 13, 2008

They ALWAYS say that

Ok, so I got laid off so I look for work. Some people don't take this seriously. Like me for example. I have to tell everybody about it.
So there are these people in Africa that always seem to find me and want to have me buy them 300 dolar phones etc but since it is too hard to ship can I send money instead. so I buy a $5 phone once and tell her it is cheap to ship. I never hear from her again after that. They all seem to be that way.

Anyway, I see one of them is on and as I have talked to her before, I talk some more.

Here goes:

wheeler92196 Michael: hello Miss Africa
wheeler92196 Michael: I am going to be a famous movie star
leslie smith: ok
wheeler92196 Michael: I am unemployed and so I got to do something and famous movie stars are always unemployed first
wheeler92196 Michael: some of them wait on tables but that is not in my skill set
leslie smith: ok
wheeler92196 Michael: they have a casting company that is shooting in san diego and they need people sometimes to stand and do nothing
wheeler92196 Michael: I have much practice at sit-and-do-nothing but I think I can learn how to stand and do nothing
wheeler92196 Michael: they are filming The Ex Files, a new series, for tv right now here in town
wheeler92196 Michael: it is about some gal that has to chase after her Ex's
wheeler92196 Michael: today they did a different movie and you had to have a surf board and or a skate board and you had to ride the roller coaster down by the board walk all day as the background
wheeler92196 Michael: but I don't have surfer board or skateboard and I have not had my big interview yet
wheeler92196 Michael: ok, huh?
leslie smith: can u do me a favour?
wheeler92196 Michael: sure
leslie smith: give me money
wheeler92196 Michael: how much?
leslie smith: 410
wheeler92196 Michael: you come from here, I think you have money, or anyway maybe a little bit of money, huh?
wheeler92196 Michael: $4.10 ??
wheeler92196 Michael: That's not much money
leslie smith: 410 $
wheeler92196 Michael: oh, you put the $ sign on the other end
wheeler92196 Michael: what is the $10 part for?
leslie smith: yeah
leslie smith: i mean $410
wheeler92196 Michael: that's a lot of money
wheeler92196 Michael: it takes me 2 whole days to earn that much money
wheeler92196 Michael: except I do not have a job right now
leslie smith: waow
wheeler92196 Michael: I have been unemployed for, um, well, one whole day so far
leslie smith: oh i c
leslie smith: i am so sorry ok
leslie smith: what work do u do now
wheeler92196 Michael: I look for work
wheeler92196 Michael: anything technical
leslie smith: ok
leslie smith: i need it for my exam ok
leslie smith: o k ok
leslie smith: how much can you afford
wheeler92196 Michael: exam?
leslie smith: yeah registration
wheeler92196 Michael: I did not know there was anything in Africa that was that so expensive
leslie smith: eyah a ltitle bit
leslie smith: Its for a Master"S EXAM
wheeler92196 Michael: for a diploma
leslie smith: Degree Yeash
wheeler92196 Michael: Are you studying English?
leslie smith: Yes i studied art and entertinament...also did linguistics
wheeler92196 Michael: maybe when I work
leslie smith: ok

sigh, she has not learned enough English to know what broke means.

No comments: